1. How can we guarantee we will be the only people in a room? The only way to guarantee you're the only people in an experience is to buy all bookings in that time slot. So if 4 people wanted to experience Taken alone they'd need to purchase 8 tickets. Note: We usually are not booked to max capacity so you may just want to take the chance at no one else booking.
2. Can only one or two people participate? YES! It may be more challenging but one or two people are able to book without a larger group.
- 3.What ages are these experiences geared towards? Families are welcome to enjoy our rooms at Break Out but understand that they are NOT designed for children under the age of 16. ALL groups with participants 16 years old and under must have an adult over 21 in the room WITH them.
- 4. Can we do more than one room in one day? You may book as many consecutive rooms as you'd like to experience in one day. Be prepared to spend one hour in each room plus the briefing time in between.
5. Can we pay with cash/ check/ on site? At this time WE DO NOT ACCEPT WALK INS! You may call and make a booking and request to pay with cash, but we will need a card to hold your reservation.
- 6. Are there discounts for large groups/ corporate rates? Yes. We offer a discount for groups larger than 15 or people who want to utilize the rooms for team building exercises. We can also schedule bookings outside of business hours during the weekdays for corporate team building groups. It is best to fill out the corporate form for more information.
- 7. Do you host birthday parties or large events? Similar to the corporate groups we would love to try and accommodate you for your special occasion. Please contact us and we will discuss how to assist you!
- 8. What time should we arrive? It is recommended you arrive about 15 minutes before your scheduled booking. The games are set at exact intervals so if you are more than 5 minutes late you may have less time to solve the room in order to make sure we stay on schedule.
terms & conditions
We are committed to protecting your privacy.
BREAK OUT collects and stores your personal details without disclosing it to any third party and is dedicated to ensuring that the privacy of your personal information is protected.
BREAK OUT requests personal information as part of the booking process. Your email address is used for sending notifications relating to the game and your booking. Your phone number is used in case BREAK OUT needs to contact you urgently. Your name is used for identification purposes when arriving for the game. Any additional information provided when making the booking is used for marketing purposes.
BREAK OUT requests payment information online to accept a deposit or full payment where requested.
BREAK OUT requests e-mail addresses from game participants to ask for user feedback after the game is completed.
BREAK OUT may collect e-mail addresses for distributing newsletters and promotional material.
BREAK OUT will only share your name and booking details with our employees for operational and logistical purposes.
BREAK OUT uses a third-party vendors for handling payment processes online. Our website financial transactions are handled through our payment services provider, FareHarbor.
With your consent, BREAK OUT will take a photo of your team after the game and post the photo on our website, Facebook and/or other social media.
Nothing in these Terms and Conditions is intended to affect your rights.
The games are designed for teams of up to 8 people, (6 in Prisoner of War)
BREAK OUT can accommodate a maximum of 22 players at any one time.
The trademarks and logos displayed on the website are the property of BREAK OUT . You are not permitted to use these without the prior written permission of BREAK OUT and you accept that any such use may constitute an infringement of the relevant proprietor’s rights.
These terms and conditions and any contract concluded incorporating these terms and conditions shall be governed by Iowa law and all disputes shall be submitted to the exclusive jurisdiction of the Iowa courts.
All the terms of any contract are included or assigned to within these terms and conditions.
Due to the nature of the game, photos or recordings may not be taken inside the room/ rooms.
BREAK OUT expects visitors not to disclose any details or solutions of the game directly or indirectly to the public in any format.
BREAK OUT will not be responsible for loss of or damage to your personal belongings.
BREAK OUT is entitled to charge the guests for any damage which is intentional or caused by misuse of items.
BREAK OUT reserves the right to retain your credit card and/or debit card details and charge or debit such amounts as it shall in its sole discretion deem fit on the said card(s) to compensate or make good the loss, damage, costs or expenses incurred or suffered by BREAK OUT as a result of the aforesaid.
While you are on our premises, you must ensure to conform to our codes of conduct and game regulations, adopt proper standards of behavior and cooperate with our employees having security responsibilities.
BREAK OUT will not tolerate any kind of bullying, Guests who are under the influence of alcohol and or harassment towards its employees. In this event, BREAK OUT staff reserves the right to suspend the game and/or deny entry or indeed stop a game.
Bookings can be made via the online booking system on BREAK OUT website or by phone. Special booking and deposit arrangements may be made for parties, special events and team-building events via e-mail.
Only person(s) who are at least 18 years of age are permitted to book a Game.
It is your responsibility to check that any Game issued to you is accurate.
Any purchase of a Game is only valid when processed by BREAK OUT .
You are entirely responsible for entering your details correctly in the Online Booking Form. By submitting an Online Booking Form you warrant to BREAK OUT that all details supplied by you are true and accurate.
You will receive the confirmation of your booking via email only. BREAK OUT does not send confirmation via post or text message.
A booking becomes a no-show and entry will be declined if the team is late by 30 minutes or more. In such a situation, the deposit or full payment made is not refundable and the booking is not changeable. The entire payment of the booking is owed to BREAK OUT.
CANCELLATIONS AND CHANGES
Any changes to your booking should be sent by e-mailing BREAK OUT to email@example.com. It is possible to modify your booking up to 48 hours before your scheduled game time.
You will receive a refund if your booking is cancelled more than 48 hours before your scheduled game time.
If your booking is cancelled at least 48 hours before your scheduled game, you will be refunded the cost of your booking minus a 5% cancellation fee..
There will be no refunds on bookings that are cancelled less than 48 hours before the scheduled game time.
There will be no refunds for no-shows. In the case of less people attending the event than it is booked for, the price difference will not be refunded.
If a group or member of a group is late for more than 30 minutes of the original time of your booking, the reservation becomes a no-show automatically and you will not be able to start your game. You will not be refunded in this instance.
Re-booking a new time slot will be at your own expense and according to current availability.
If BREAK OUT cannot run the game as scheduled due to technical, operational or other reasons, the booking will be cancelled. In this case, BREAK OUT will offer to reschedule the game. A full refund will be issued.
PRICES AND PAYMENTS
The price of a game is stated on the BREAK OUT website on the “Book now” page.
The price is set according to number of people in a room (1-8 persons).
In the case of less people attending the event than it is booked for, the price difference will not be refunded. BREAK OUT recommends booking less people for a game than expected to avoid being charged for guest who do not wish to attend.
If more people are attending the game than it is booked for the price per person may change slightly. Visa, Mastercard, Amex, Discover cards are accepted to settle the payment.
SAFETY AND ENJOYMENT (RISK AND INDEMNITY)
At BREAK OUT we have made every effort to ensure that your experience is safe and enjoyable. However, all adult participants will be required to sign a waiver assuming all risks of participation in the game for both themselves and any minor children in their care.
An adult must accompany children under the age of 16 at all times while in BREAK OUT..
Everyone under 18 must provide a consent form signed by their appointed guardians.
Each BREAK OUT player will receive instructions before their game by their assigned Game Master. After learning the rules of the game, each player will participate in the game at their own risk.
BREAK OUT is not liable for any (personal or equipment) damages caused by game room misuse or not following the rules described before the game.
People under influence of alcohol or drugs will be turned away and their game stated as no show. (full payment is due in this case)
BREAK OUT reserves the right to refuse entry without explanation.
Drinks and food may not be brought into the Game Rooms.
To be admitted you must confirm the full name of the booker and might be asked to confirm phone number and email address.
While collecting and examining props and artifacts are part of BREAK OUT experience, removing any object from the room, intentionally breaking or damaging and contents of the room is forbidden. Damage or removal of props or artifacts will result in an immediate replacement charge.
No photographs, video or sounds recordings in the room are permitted in any form.
BREAK OUT recommends customers to wear comfortable clothing for the duration of their game. We recommend flat shoes. High-heeled shoes are not recommended.